Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Twenty-Ten



I wonder if he felt that his destiny would come to fruition in the next couple of years, like I do? Was he scared like I am? Did he feel like a failure like I do so many times? Did he have any regrets?

I imagine him looking to the rest of his life thinking "Here I go", but maybe not as sure of himself as many think.
Maybe, just maybe, he was like me. Hesitant footsteps in the dark, hoping to feel the ground underneath, yet arms searching in the blackness for structure, trying their best to prevent total collapse.

Breathing in, breathing out.

One foot in front of the other, though no clear destination other than here.....

Right here...

Here I go.

-JB

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

very powerful!

Anonymous said...

best thing you've ever written. -c dub